- The ACTIVE Leisure Card is issued by Anglia Community Leisure on behalf of Forest Heath District Council, District Offices, College Heath Road, Mildenhall, Suffolk IP28 7EY.
- All persons including children are required to have their own card.
- All ACTIVE Leisure Card holders are required to have an identity photograph linked to their individual details to ensure that any entitlement to a discount is applied correctly to the Card holder only.
- The ACTIVE Leisure Card is accepted at Brandon Leisure Centre, Mildenhall (the Dome) Leisure Centre, Mildenhall Swimming Pool and Newmarket Leisure Centre, subject to the availability of facilities and entitles the holder to such discounts on activities as Anglia Community Leisure will from time to time permit and must be produced on each visit in order to benefit from discounted activities.
- The ACTIVE Leisure Card is valid for one year from the date of issue. All Card holders will be required to renew their Leisure Cards in each subsequent year by confirming their contact details. This is not applicable when the Card is issued in conjunction with the Premier, Play or Swim Annual or monthly Direct Debit packages.
- The ACTIVE Leisure Card is issued on the basis of the completed application form. Anglia Community Leisure will withdraw the card if this information is found to be incorrect. The information provided on this application form will be processed for the purposes of the scheme by Anglia Community Leisure in accordance with the general principles of the Data Protection Act 1988.
- From time to time amendments to the ACTIVE Leisure Card scheme may be made and Anglia Community Leisure will give at least 4 weeks notice of any change to the terms and conditions or to the Pay & Play, Annual or Direct Debit charges.
- ALL ACTIVE LEISURE CARD HOLDERS MUST REGISTER WITH RECEPTION ON ARRIVAL ON EACH OCCASION WHEN USING THE FACILITIES.
- The ACTIVE Leisure Card entitles the holder to book facilities at the Centres up to 7 days in advance in person or by telephone quoting their unique card number.
- All ACTIVE Leisure Card are entitled to register for On-line bookings. Activities are booked on-line in ‘real time’ and full payment is required (subject to status) for each transaction.
- Cancellation of bookings may be made up to 24 hours prior to play. Cancellations will not be accepted on the day of play.
- Any booking made using the ACTIVE Leisure Card for which payment has not been received or where the Premier (+), Play (+) or Swim card holder has failed to cancel will be charged at the full pay & play rate and maximum occupancy of that facility.
- The card holder will not be allowed any further advanced bookings until payment has been received.
Direct Debit and Annual Memberships:
- All Direct Debit or Annual payment customers joining the Fitness Studio will pay a starter fee in addition to the first payment. Pay & Play customers joining the Fitness Studio will pay an Induction fee subject to status.
- If you choose one of the ACTIVE Leisure Card packages either by monthly Direct Debit or Annual payment, you will be able to access facilities appropriate to that package type without further payment but subject to availability and normal centre booking procedures.
- If choosing to upgrade your ACTIVE Leisure Card package you will be required to pay the difference between your current package rate and the new rate.
- All activities not included within the chosen ACTIVE Leisure Card package type will charged for at the rate applicable to the individual’s status.
- The Multiple Card discount is only applicable where payment is made from a single bank account and is applied to the first Direct Debit payment. The initial payment made at the time of joining is for the full amount.
- Direct Debit payments will be made by BACS transfer on the 28th of each month.
- If you choose to cancel your Direct Debit payments you can do so by completing a Change of Status form at any of our Leisure Centres or by calling Anglia Community Leisure or by letter to the address below. Please ensure that you contact your Bank or Building Society to cancel your monthly payments.
- Cancellation of Direct Debit payments received after 22nd of the month will not take effect until the 28th day of the following month.
- An administration fee of £15 will be payable should you wish to rejoin as a Direct Debit payer within three months of the date of cancellation of your previous arrangement.
- If cancellation is made during the period that the annual payment covers, a refund on annual payments may be made on a pro rata basis. An administration fee of 25% will be charged on any refunds agreed. Refunds will only be given if the cancellation is due to unavoidable circumstances on the part of the card holder or if Anglia Community Leisure is in default or breach of contract.
- All applicants must complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) prior to joining the Fitness Studio as an authorised user.
- Regular induction classes are provided to explain the safe and proper use of the equipment and users must attend an induction class before being allowed to train.
MEMBERS MUST REGISTER WITH RECEPTION ON EACH ARRIVAL TO USE THE FACILITIES.
- At busy times a one-hour session limit will apply.
- Please observe the dress code:
- Don’t wear jeans (something loose fitting is better),
- No bare feet (trainers must be worn)
- Do wear a training vest or T-shirt (even on the hottest day)
- Personal hygiene is important ( both to you and the people you train with)
- In the interests of hygiene and other users all equipment should be wiped down after use.
- Personal headphone sockets and iPod docking ports are available for use by Members on all non Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) accredited cardio vascular (CV) equipment.
- Background music is played for the benefit of those users that do not wish to use headphones. The availability and volume of the music is at the discretion of the management.
- Please switch off your Mobile Phone when using the Fitness Studio.
- Last entry will be thirty minutes before the published closing time. Members must vacate the fitness studio at the published closing time to allow time for showering and changing before the Centre closes.
10.Lockers are provided in the changing rooms and smaller lockers for valuables are available in the Fitness Studio reception for the safety of possessions and should be used. All lockers are coin return.
11.We reserve the right to refuse access to the facilities if you act in a way that may cause offence or distress to others; or that in our opinion presents a risk to others health
including your own; or if you fail to use the equipment safely and properly; or as instructed by our staff.
12.Members who cease to use their Fitness Studio membership for a period of 6 months will be required to complete a new PAR Q before reusing the Fitness Studio.
13.Members who cease to use their Fitness Studio membership for a period of twelve months will be considered to have terminated their membership and will be required to
complete a new PAR-Q and attend a paid induction before using the Fitness Studio (Considered a new member).
14.Members will not be allowed to use the facilities under the influence of alcohol, drugs or if they have an infectious/contagious disorder/illness.
15.For safety reasons children under 13 years are not permitted to use Fitness Studio.
16.Children under the age of 16 will not be permitted to use the free weight equipment and any weight training will be limited to the fixed resistance equipment.
17.Children under 16 are not permitted to use the Sauna or Spa facilities if available at the Centre of use.
18.All applicants must complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) prior to Using Aquagym equipment as an authorised user.
19.Regular induction classes are provided to explain the safe and proper use of the equipment and users must attend an induction class before being allowed to train.
MEMBERS MUST REGISTER WITH RECEPTION ON EACH ARRIVAL TO USE THE FACILITIES.
20.At busy times a one-hour session limit will apply.
21.Lockers are provided in the changing rooms and for the safety of possessions and should be used. All lockers are coin return
- The Centre or an individual facility may be closed due to bad weather or any unforeseen circumstances outside our control, for specific functions, bank holidays or for programmed repairs/maintenance, where possible notices will be displayed in advance. No refund of the membership fees even in part will be given under these conditions.
- The management reserves the right to change the programme without notice.
- Should you lose or damage your ACTIVE Leisure Card you will be required to pay £5 for the issue of a replacement card. Any amended or defaced cards will be deemed damaged.
- If your ACTIVE Leisure Card is lost or stolen you must immediately notify Anglia Community Leisure in writing. Until notification is received you will be liable for any bookings made.
- Acceptance of Fitness Studio membership means agreement to the Terms and Conditions of use.
- Anglia Community Leisure reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the ACTIVE Leisure Card if the terms and conditions of use are broken or there is a breach of the Centres regulations.
- Anglia Community Leisure or its staff cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage to belongings however caused except injury arising from the negligence of the Trust or its staff.
- All correspondence regarding the ACTIVE Leisure Card should be addressed to:
Anglia Community Leisure, c/o Newmarket Leisure Centre, Exning Road, Newmarket CB8 0EA. Telephone: 01638 782500